CHOCOLATE HAZLENUT BROWNIES
100g (4oz) good quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids for flavour)
150g (5 ½ oz) coconut oil, butter at room temperature100g (4oz) stevia/xylitol
2 ripe bananas, mashed
4 large eggs, preferably free-range or organic, beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract (not artificial vanilla flavouring)
150g (5 ½ oz) ground almonds
2 tsp baking powder (gluten free if necessary)
25g (1oz) cocoa powder
200g (7oz) hazelnuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Line a 22cm (9in) square baking tin with baking paper.
2. Melt the 100g of chocolate over a bain marie .
3. Cream the oil, butter and xylitol until soft and fluffy, then either blend in the rest of the
ingredients in a food processor or, to do it by hand: beat in the chocolate, bananas, beaten eggs and
vanilla extract and then stir in the chocolate chips, ground almonds, baking powder, cocoa powder and
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for around 20 minutes or until the mixture no longer
wobbles when shaken and the top is just firm to the touch. You don’t want to cook it for too long or the
brownies will lose their squidgy quality. Leave to cool then cut into slices for serving.
* Suitable for freezin
* Can be made in advance
* Gluten free (if use gluten free baking powder), Wheat free, Dairy free (if use coconut oil or dairy free margarine) & Yeast free.